- The next meeting of the Fillmore Works Remediation & Redevelopment Community Focus Group is Monday, May 22, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Fillmore Active Adult and Community Center, 535 Santa Clara Street. Representatives from Cenergy and Ventura County will be on hand to share information and answer questions on the solar facility plans for the former Texaco Refinery/PCPL site. The meetings are open to the public.
- Chevron announces Cenergy Power to lease former Texaco Refinery/Pacific Coast Pipeline site to build Ventura Solar Project. Read more.
- Chevron releases 2015 Groundwater Treatment System video. Watch here.
- Ventura County Star: “Federal agency says former Fillmore Refinery does not pose health risk” – June 26, 2015. Read the article.
- The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry releases summary of findings. Read it in English or Spanish.
- Chevron releases Fillmore Works 2014 Restoration video. Watch it now.
- Chevron releases history booklet, “Oil and Refining: Part of Fillmore’s Natural and Patriotic History.” View the booklet in English or Spanish.
- Growing Up at the Fillmore Refinery, memoirs from Joe Scanlin Jr. and Don Scanlin
- For additional news, click here.
- For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
- Learn more about recent community outreach (En Español)
My name is Leslie Klinchuch and I have gotten to know the Fillmore community well in my 10 years as Chevron’s Environmental Project Manager at the former Pacific Coast Pipeline/Fillmore Works site. We have been working under the direction of the US EPA to remediate the site following years of oil operations. I am pleased to share that soil cleanup standards have been met and the property is now ready for redevelopment. We are also making good progress on the ongoing groundwater remediation.
A century after operations first began at Fillmore Works, we are proposing the property be used with new era energy development. Chevron is pleased to announce plans to develop a solar project at the site.
This website is designed to provide information to keep you informed about our progress. We welcome your participation.